2019 Fall YMCA Lancaster House Parking Raffle
Official House Rules
• The Prize consists of one (1) parking space at the YMCA Lancaster House that will be valid for one academic year. A hang tag will be given to the winner of the raffle for the parking space, and be valid from September 26th, 2019 through May 16th , 2020. The winner will also receive a refund for the amount of any current university parking pass that they had to purchase to park on campus up to $419.00.
• A total of 2,000 tickets will be printed and available for sale.
• Price for raffle tickets are: 1 ticket for $5 or 5 tickets for $20
• Tickets will be sold from July 6th, 2019 to 6:55 p.m. EST on Nov 1st, 2019
• Tickets are available for purchase from YMCA at Virginia Tech staff and volunteers, online at www.vtymca.org/vtparking or at the YMCA administrative offices located at 403 Washington Street, Blacksburg VA 24060.
o Note regarding online sales – a website interface is utilized to transact the business; while a receipt is issued, it does not constitute the official raffle ticket. Arrangements are then made with the purchaser for receipt of his/her actual game piece (the official raffle ticket).
• Must be 18 years of age or older to purchase a raffle ticket.
• Members of the Y’s student and/or staff leadership team are ineligible to purchase a ticket.
• Individuals who sell raffle tickets are ineligible to purchase a ticket.
• There is no limit to the number of tickets that any purchaser can purchase.
• Winner does not need to be present to win.
• The winner must present a valid I.D. as proof that he or she is the ticket holder.
• Winner will be notified via e-mail, telephone call, and / or U.S. postal mail
• The drawing will be held on Friday, September 26th at 7:00 pm at the Y Office located at 403 Washington St., Blacksburg, VA 24060
• The winner will get to park at the Y’s Lancaster House for the entire academic year. The only exception being on Home Football Game Days. During Home Football Game Days, the winner of the parking raffle will need to move their car; a parking spot has been identified at the Y Center Parking Lot for their convenience. Campus transit is available to/ from the Y Center. As a note, all Virginia Tech resident students are required by the university to move their cars on Home Football Game Days: https://parking.vt.edu/parking/sep/football-parking.html
• By purchasing a ticket, each individual agrees to have his/her contact information added to the YMCA at Virginia Tech’s database for future communication purposes.
• Winner agrees to allow the YMCA at Virginia Tech to utilize his/her name and likeness in marketing and communication projects.
• Prize may be subject to taxes; payment of that tax is the responsibility of the winner. As such, winner must complete an IRS Form 1099.